October 8, 2018
This Privacy Statement ("Statement") applies to the websites located at bulzi.com, visit.bulzi.info, and any other websites or applications associated with Bulzī services or products that direct the viewer or user to this Statement. In this Statement, the terms "Bulzī," "we," and "us" refers to Bulzī Media Inc. and its respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies. The terms “you” and “your device" refer to you as an individual person as well as any computer, tablet, smart phone, or other device you use to access our websites or applications or to receive advertising and/or promotional messages provided by us. Websites, applications, and devices that are owned and operated by Bulzī, or on which ads or promotional messages are displayed, may contain links to websites that are owned and operated by other companies. This Statement does not apply to websites and services that are owned and operated by third parties.
This Statement went into effect on the date noted at the top of this webpage. We may update this Statement from time to time. If we make material changes, we will post the updated Statement on this page and change the date at the top of this Statement webpage. We encourage you to look for updates and changes to this Statement by checking this date when you access our websites, applications, and services. We will notify you of any modifications to this Statement that might materially affect the way we use or disclose your personal information prior to the change becoming effective by means of a message on this website.
Information We Collect
As you use our websites and applications or are exposed to an ad or promotional message provided by Bulzī, we collect information about you and the services you use. The information we collect falls into three different categories: (1) information you give us; (2) information we collect from you automatically; and (3) information we collect from other sources.
Information You Give Us
Some information we collect is provided when you give us your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, job title, company or any other information you provide when contacting us through a website or application.
Information We Collect Automatically
We collect some information automatically, including when you access our websites, download and use our applications, or view an ad or promotion provided by Bulzī. This information includes:
- Location Information –We may collect information about the location of your device, including GPS location, for purposes of responding to you, enhancing or facilitating our services, or enabling the functionality of our websites, applications and ad delivery platform. We may also use information about the location of the device you are using to deliver more relevant advertising. Unless you have opted in to Bulzī collecting your precise location data (see next section), location information we collect from you is anonymized, pseudonymized, aggregated and/or otherwise processed to ensures it is not “precise” location data under the NAI Code or Personal Information under GDPR. If you want to opt out of the collection of this location information, please see the section below titled "Your Choices".
Information We Collect from Other Sources
Some information we collect is publicly available. We may also collect information about you from other companies and organizations. We use this data to correct inaccurate information in our records, improve your experience with our websites, applications and services, tailor ads to your interests, and give you product recommendations and special offers that are more likely to interest you.
How We Collect Your Information Automatically
Bulzī and others may use a variety of technologies to collect information about your device and use of websites and applications. These technologies include cookies, web beacons, java scripts, entity tags, wired and wireless communication networks, and HTML local storage. Most web browsers and devices can be set to accept or reject the use of some or all of these technologies, although you must take additional steps to disable or control other technologies. For more information, please see "Your Choices".
- Cookies – Cookies are small data files that are sent from a website’s server and are stored on your device’s hard drive either for only the duration of your visit ("session cookies") or for a fixed period ("persistent cookies"). Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server.
- Web Beacons – Web beacons are small, transparent images that are embedded in web pages, applications, and emails that are sometimes called “clear gifs," “single pixel gifs", or "page tags". Web beacons are used to track the web pages you visit, to test the effectiveness of our marketing, and to find out if an email has been opened and acted on.
- Java Scripts – Java scripts are code snippets embedded in various parts of websites and applications that facilitate a variety of operations including accelerating the refresh speed of certain functionality or monitoring usage of various online components.
- Entity Tags – Entity Tags are HTTP code mechanisms that allow portions of websites to be stored or “cached" within your browser and validates these caches when the website is opened, accelerating website performance since the web server does not need to send a full response if the content has not changed.
- Wired and Wireless Communication Networks – Communication networks routinely pass the browser and device identifiers they use to identify an end user to third parties they interact with, such as passing user information along with an ad request to a digital advertising exchange. Communication network identifiers commonly exchanged between networks and their partners include IP address, Wi-Fi MAC address, Bluetooth Device ID and mobile device ID.
- HTML5 Local Storage – HTML5 local storage allows data from websites to be stored or “cached" within your browser to store and retrieve data in HTML5 pages when the website is revisited.
How We Use Your Information
Information collected through these and similar technologies are used for the following purposes:
- Services – Some of these technologies are required to allow you to access and use our websites, applications and/or services. Without these technologies, some of the services and functionality of our websites, applications and services would not work properly.
- Performance Monitoring – Some of these technologies help us analyze and estimate traffic and assess the volume of use of our websites, and applications and services. They show us how visitors and customers interact with our digital properties, whether there are any errors, the degree to which certain web pages, applications, or services are accessed and used and how they are performing or operating. When these technologies are used for performance monitoring, no information that identifies you is collected.
- Marketing – Some of these technologies are used to tailor your experience on our websites, within our mobile applications, or across your applications or devices by influencing the promotions, advertisements and other marketing messages that may appear when you access or use these or other digital properties. We may use this information when you visit a website, use an application, or visit a location where we serve ads to send you relevant promotions and advertisements.
- Internal Business Purposes – We may also use the information we collect about you for a variety of routine internal purposes including but not limited to responding to your inquiries and requests for information, to detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud, and to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative and archival purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- When We Work Together – We may share information between and among Bulzī, our subsidiaries, and affiliated companies for purposes of management and analysis, decision making, and other business purposes.
- When We Work with Service Providers – We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as website hosting, email and postal delivery, location mapping, product and service delivery, analytics services, or conducting academic research.
- When We Work on Business Transactions – If we become involved with a merger or another situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may share your information with business entities or people involved in the negotiation or transfer.
- When Sharing Helps Us Protect Lawful Interests – We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of Bulzī or our customers or partners.
- When We Work with Marketing Service Providers – We may share your information with marketing service providers to assess, develop and provide you with promotions and special offers that may interest you, or for other promotional purposes.
- When the Information Does Not Identify You – We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may share information about your use of our websites and mobile applications in a manner that does not identify you or may combine information about the nature or frequency of your transactions with similar information about other people and share the aggregated information for statistical analysis, audience-based ad targeting, and other business purposes.
How We May Allow Others to Collect Your Information
When you use our websites, applications, or services, we may allow third parties to collect device, usage, and location information across your different devices through software development kits, cookies, web beacons, communication networks, and other similar technologies. If you have opted-out from Bulzī data collection, that choice applies to any third party who collects data through our websites, applications or services. These third parties collect your information for the following purposes and for other purposes consistent with their own privacy policies:
- To Display Ads for Products or Services – We allow some advertising companies to collect your information in order to display ads that are most relevant to you across your different devices and on our own and others’ websites, applications and devices.
- To Understand the Use of Our Services – We allow certain service providers to collect your information to help us understand how our websites, applications and services are used, and to assist us in improving the content and operation of online properties owned by Bulzī and our service providers. These service providers collect aggregate statistical usage data that is not matched or linked to any individual user.
How We Protect Your Information
Bulzī protects your information using technical, physical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of your information while it is being transmitted across communication networks, stored, and used for the purposes described in this Statement. While we have employed security technologies and procedures to assist in safeguarding your personal information, no system or network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Opt-Out from Bulzī Data Collection
You may opt-out from Bulzī collecting your personal data, by visiting bulzi.com. This page will provide you with choices regarding our collection of your device and location data.
Other Settings and Opt-Outs
You may be able to turn off or opt out of many of the underlying technologies that Bulzī and other companies use to collect information about you. Here some additional resources that may help you protect your privacy:
- Location Information – You may be able to adjust the settings of your browser or device so that information about your physical location is not sent to us or third parties by (a) disabling location services within the device settings; or (b) denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access location information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device or browser settings. Please note that your location may be derived from your device’s Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and wireless services. You may be able to stop collection of your data by simply turning these services off.
- Cookies, Web Beacons and Similar Technologies – You may be able to reject cookies, web beacons, entity tags and HTML5 local storage by adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser. Each browser is different, but many common browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari) have preferences or options that may be adjusted to allow you to either accept or reject cookies and certain other technologies before they are set or installed or allow you to remove or reject the use or installation of certain technologies altogether. If you want to learn the correct way to modify your browser settings, please use the Help menu in your browser.
- Interest-Based Ads – Many advertising companies that collect information for interest-based advertising are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance or the Network Advertising Initiative, both of which maintain websites where people can opt out of interest-based advertising from their members. To opt-out on these pages, visit www.AboutAds.info and www.networkadvertising.org.
- Adobe Flash Player Technology – We allow Adobe to set and enable special cookies that are necessary to deliver video content for Adobe Flash Player. You cannot remove Flash cookies simply by changing your browser settings.
- "Do Not Track" Technology – Some newer web browsers have a "Do Not Track" preference that transmits a "Do Not Track" header to the websites you visit with information indicating that you do not want your activity to be tracked.
Use by Children
We do not intend for our websites, applications or services, or the devices, websites, applications and any other digital destinations to which Bulzī provides ads, to be used by anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected information about your child, please contact us as described in the "Contact Us" section of this Statement.
If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To request a notice, please submit your request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to promptly respond to your request.
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. You can contact Bulzī online at bulzi.com or by sending an email to email@example.com. You can also send us postal mail at 895 Dove St, Suite 300, Newport Beach, CA 92660.